photo-9 Need to get this done quickly before I lose my Verizon signal. First sunset of the season. Would have taken it from the boat but couldn’t get down the dock quickly enough. After a really crappy weather day, the rain finally stopped, the wind blew then died and then the sun came out. And then went down. Still, grateful for small mercies.

Launch was fairly straight forward. There were a couple of tense moments when the front of the tractor (the steering wheels) lifted off the ground; the boat was a little too far forward on the trailer. But it was OK. The engines started first push, Paul took the boat out of the launch dock, turned around (we had our fingers crossed that we had put the props back on the correct way round) and tootled off to our berth. And lo and behold, there’s a boat already in our dock. Of all the docks he could have chosen, why ours? We temporarily went into the one next to ours.

It was then that we notice the bilge pump was pumping like crazy. Well that’s a slight exaggeration but it was pumping. Not a good sign, especially seeing as the launch crew had all disappeared and gone to lunch. What if we needed an emergency haul out. But we didn’t. One of the gaskets on one of the engines’ water system had failed. Paul isolated the inflow and the bilge pumped stopped working overtime.

Probably going to go for a shake down cruise tomorrow. Not sure of the weather forecast but unless it is snowing, it can’t be as bad as it was today.

Happy sailing.


Never doubt yourself